Saturday, July 2 - Monday, July 25 2022
This tour is a JOURNEY! We travel to Scandinavia to train and play in two International Soccer Tournaments, form friendships with peers from parts of the world we've only read about, and learn the true meaning of teamwork. In the course of three plus summer weeks, the way you see the world will change, and so will you!
The journey begins at the Gateway Cities— Denver International Airport or Seattle International Airport (SEATAC) (other options are available as necessary). You will meet up with our Staff Coaches and Administrators at the appointed Gateway airport. From there, we will fly to Keflavik, Iceland where you will meet up with the rest of your American teammates.
At Keflavik, you and your new teammates will gather the luggage, meet and board a bus to visit Viking World and breakfast before continuing on our sightseeing adventures of the Golden Circle Tour, and a nice visit to infamous Blue Lagoon. From there we will head to a hostel/hotel near the airport where we will spend the night. The next day we will then head back to the airport, where our group will check in for our afternoon flight to Billund, Denmark. Upon arrival, we will gather the luggage and ride a bus to Herning or Silkeborg, Denmark.
We will spend the first day training in Central Denmark before heading North to Frederikshavn, Denmark for our week of training and Cup No.1. We will be preparing/providing meals for the players during the training week. We will be training and visiting with all of our new soccer friends from the U.S. and other countries.
Cup No. 1
At the end of the first week, we will be near Frederikshavn, Denmark and finalize our preparation for the Cup No. 1 tournament. We will be joined by some Danish players who want to learn more about the U.S. through soccer competitions. We will compete in this tournament and do some sightseeing as well, including going to Farup Sommerland Amusement and Water Park.
At the end of the second week, we will take the ferry to Gothenburg, Sweden to compete in the Gothia Cup, the world's largest youth soccer tournament! The opening ceremony has 55,000 soccer fans! There are consistently around 1700 teams, representing around 80 countries each year.
When the Gothia Cup is over, we will visit Liseberg Amusement Park, the largest in Northern Europe, where we hang out with each other, ride the roller coasters & other rides, and enjoy the park. Depending on how well we do in the Gothia Cup, there may be an additional day that we will plan an activity for all the players. The following day, we will depart Gothenburg by bus, for Stockholm, Sweden where we will sightsee and spend the last night at a hotel at the Arlanda Airport. The next morning we will check in at the airport in preparation for our return flight home via Iceland. We will have a brief layover in Iceland, where we will say our ‘goodbyes’ to those who will be going different directions and continue our travels back to our Gateway City.
You are welcome to join any part of, or the entire Journey! We can assist with or make the necessary reservations for you based on your desired itinerary. You can also make your own arrangements if you prefer.
We welcome parents/supporters to be part of this incredible experience! If you wish to join us on our Scandinavian Journey, please contact us, so we can plan accordingly and generate the associated costs.
We encourage parents to support our players and cheer them on! Once the games are completed, please count on our staff to take care of them. While we are watching after the players, you can go enjoy your vacation with the other parents/supporters!
There will be plenty of opportunities for you to spend time with your player. Our staff will be able to assist you with these opportunities based on our daily activities and proposed itinerary.
Player Tour Cost:
Saturday, July 2 - Monday, July 25, 2022
Eligibility: By Invitation
(Qualified Coach's recommendations will be considered - inquiries welcome)
Total Cost $4,650
- Gear package kit/uniform (additional gear can be purchased through our Hummel Store at: https://soccerhive.net/52-scandia-united-soccer-academy)
- Roundtrip airfare from Gateway City (Denver International Airport or Seattle (SEATAC) Airport)
- Iceland Tour and hotel
- Transportation from airport to training site(s) in Central Denmark
- Room and meals during training week
- Transportation to Frederikshavn, Denmark and Cup No. 1
- Admission to Farup Sommerland Amusement Park, and Transportation to and from park
- Tournament fees for the Cup No. 1 and Gothia Cup (room & meals)
- Opening Ceremonies at both tournaments
- Ferry to Gothenburg and transportation at the Gothia Cup
- Transportation to Stockholm
- Sightseeing activities and hotel in Stockholm
- Spending money
- Meals during travel days
- Ride tickets at Liseberg Park
Travel insurance is also available for purchase, at an additional cost
A Suggested Payment Schedule:
- Deposit: $300, as soon as you are ready to commit!
- 1st payment: $1000, December 1st or sooner
- 2nd payment: $1000, February 1st or sooner
- 3rd payment: $1000, March 1st or sooner
- Final payment: $ 1350, April 1st or sooner
We will honor refunds, less a $500 processing fee, up until February 15th. Extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on an individual basis to establish refunds after February 15th.
- Permission to Travel Letter
- Signed Player Code of Conduct
- Health/Medical Evaluation
- Copy of Health Insurance Card
- Copy of Passport Photo Page